CJK Fire & Safety
Unique and Holistic Approach
Experienced and knowledgeable Fire Engineers who can think outside the box and find solutions to most issues.
Individual approach where time frames and client needs are understood.
Registered Australia Wide
We hold registrations in all States and Territories of Australia.
Award Winning Consultancy
CJK Fire & Safety (CJK) was founded in 2018 by Christina Knorr and is the only Fire Engineering consultancy in Cairns, Queensland. Our business offers a different approach putting safety and clients’ needs first.
CJK provides services to builders, construction lawyers, certifiers, product manufacturers, strata and building managers, councils and architects Australia-wide.
We are experienced in applying Fire Safety Engineering principles and expert knowledge to projects ranging from residential dwellings and apartment blocks to hospitals and shopping centres. When working on a project, we concentrate on safety and performance of a building, rather than simply ticking boxes for compliance.
The appearance of the business has allowed local construction professionals to discover feasible and cost-effective solutions. Examples include Cairns Regional Council, Hutchinson Builders, Osborne Construction, numerous residential Strata Plans, various developers, factory owners, and small family-owned businesses.
Our work falls into 5 categories.
- Fire Safety Engineering for new and existing buildings. When it comes to new developments, we work with architects and project teams on developing unique building designs that don’t compromise fire safety. Such work requires a high level of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Often existing and heritage-listed buildings are subject to refurbishments, and it is impossible to bring them to compliance with the current codes and standards. Hence, we identify what needs to be done to bring those buildings to an acceptable level of safety without affecting the heritage aspect.
- Special Expert and Expert Witness Services
We are experienced and trained in preparing litigation-compliant reports and expert opinions on various fire safety and compliance matters.
These include providing an independent expert opinion in regard to alleged building and combustible cladding defects, reviewing and commenting on compliance of building materials and their method of installation and assisting in post-fire investigation matters.
- Combustible cladding assessment. Investigation and assessment of building cladding, including Aluminium Composite Panels and completion of compliance and risk assessments. Presentation of risk mitigation methods (if any) to reduce risks associated with cladding.
- Product development. Assisting construction product manufacturers with their product development process assessment of test results. This assists in the improvement of existing construction materials and also in the introduction of new products into the Australian Market. Examples of product developing clients are CSR, Promat, Construction Specialites, FireDefender, Rescom and AssaAbloy.
- CJK Fire & Safety Education. This is the educational arm of the company that offers free and paid educational courses on fire safety-related topics.
We believe that every problem has a solution, we take safety seriously and work fast with a lot of attention to detail. No job is too small or too big for CJK Fire & Safety.