This policy applies to CJK’s brand, website, device applications (“apps”), technologies, products, and other services (collectively “Services”). Services may be offered by CJK’s affiliates and partners on the basis of this policy unless communicated otherwise by our affiliates and partners.
If you have any queries, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com
2 Information collection and use
We may collect and combine personal data when you use our services, including as follows:
2.1 Information you provide to us when you create an account with us or purchase any of our services.
We keep personal information about our users to complete a customer’s order, respond to customer service requests, administer the account and products, assess the needs of a business or individual to determine suitable products and to protect us against fraud and abuse, which will generally include the following information:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Username & Password
- Business/entity/organisation details and identification
- Account number
- When services will expire and/or were purchased/renewed
We may also collect information in the following circumstances:
- You made a service requests which may include notes or details explaining what you asked or what response you received.
- You complete a contact form or requested information from us. Typically, this will be via email, live chat, or via our website.
- You participate in any contest, promotion, survey, or activity we promote that might require information about you.
- You submit an enquiry, expression of interest.
- We (including our agents, representatives, and staff) receive an enquiry involving customer support, technical support, billing and accounts related support, compliance and legal issues, or media, including if you seek our assistance.
- You otherwise use our services, including to view content or install any software we make available.
2.2 Information from analytics, cookies, tracking, and similar technologies
We may collect information from data collection technologies to allow us to understand your activity when you interact with the services we offer, and to analyse and improve the performance of our services.
Such information is collected:
- when you access advertising, content, websites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products where our data collection technologies (such as cookies, development tools, and other technologies) are present.
- from your devices (including portable and non-portable computers, mobile phones, and tablets) that may include:
- Device specific identifiers and information such as:
- browser configuration, plugins, and version(s)
- cookie information
- device settings
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- location information or data capable of being used to approximate location
- mobile device and advertising identifiers
- mobile network information
- operating system type and version
- software data
- Device specific identifiers and information such as:
- Other information that allows us to recognise your activity across other devices and services to provide you with personalised experiences and advertising across the devices you use. Consequently, the information we collect may include how you interact with our services and those of our third-party partners.
- Data about usage of services (such as language preferences, log files, metadata), as well as browsing behaviour and analytics such as:
- the type of advertisement or content shown to you and your level of engagement (including links clicked)
- the duration and frequency of your activities
- the apps or websites you used immediately before and/or after accessing our services
- whether you visited an advertiser’s website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
2.3 Information from third parties
We may collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, which we may use to analyse, expand, or update the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide services that may be of interest to you. Such information may be received:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a social media website (such Facebook or Twitter)
- From publicly-available sources
- From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings
- When we obtain information from third-parties or other companies, such as those that use our services. This may include your activity on other sites and apps as well as information those third-parties provide to you or us about their products or services.
3 Use of Information
3.1 We combine and use information we have about you (including such information collected through and outside of our Services) for the following purposes:
3.1.1 Providing, developing, enhancing and improving services we may offer or provide to you, such as:
- Provisioning, activating, setting up and maintaining of services and features related to the respective services.
- Improving, maintaining, and optimising the content, operation, and performances of our websites, mobile applications, social media pages, and services.
- Minimising the occurrence of fraud or abuse of our services.
- Identifying areas of improvement, possible or required enhancements to Services, errors, and any security risks.
- Analysing your interaction with our services, your content and other information (such as emails, instant messages, attachments, and other communications), and your interests.
- Associating your activity across our services and your different devices as well as associating any accounts you may use across our services.
- Carrying out or supporting promotions.
- Conducting research or supporting innovation.
- Collecting statistics about the overall use of our services.
This information relates to your purchase, use, and interaction with our Services, and usually consists of data that is aggregated or statistical about how customers use our Services. This information is not usually linked to personal information, but we treat the information as personal to the extent that it is linked to personal information.
3.1.2 Contacting you ourselves or through a third-party service provider regarding our Services via email, text messages, telephone calls, and automated calls or messages, including when:
- Communicating regarding services you have signed up for or purchased.
- Communicating offers for additional services that we think you may value if you consent or to the extent allowed based upon legitimate interests.
- You are not required to consent in order to purchase Services from us.
Your communication preferences can be updated with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners after signing into your Account Manager.
3.1.3 Transferring your information to another country, such as:
- If your own location is in a country other than Australia, (where our servers are located), your communications with us may result in transferring your personal information across international borders.
- When you contact us by email, telephone, through our website (such as online chat), we may provide you with support from a location outside of your country of origin.
3.1.4 Legal, regulatory, law enforcement, and other purposes, for which we may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with:
- Legal process and legal requests, including subpoena requests, Court orders, and when required by government or government agencies, law enforcement officials, and Courts, tribunals, and other judicial or quasi-judicial bodies to such extent (if any) that we determine in our sole discretion notwithstanding the jurisdiction from which said requirement is imposed.
- Enforcing our Policies and Agreements.
- Allegations or claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties.
- Suspected activity that is unlawful, illegal, or unethical.
- Requests for customer service.
- Technical issues.
- Protecting the rights, property or personal safety of us, our users or the public, including to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health.
- Establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims.
- A request by you to provide you with a copy of your information or to delete your information in accordance with this policy.
- Otherwise complying as required by law.
3.1.5 Sharing your information with third parties we trust, and subsidiaries of CJK including its personnel, officers, and agents, for them to provide Services or act on our behalf, such as:
- Processing payments.
- Customer service, including to address your requests, and for managing our relationships.
- Contacting you with marketing information, contests, or surveys.
- Advertising, location-based Services, search results, and other content consistent with your location settings.
- A new owner if the ownership or control of any entity or business within CJK group of companies changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. This may amount to a complete transfer of the information rather than just sharing the information.
We do not share your personal information for a third party to provide any products or services outside of those requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (including subcontractors) would be subject to strict policies or agreements, in that they are prohibited from keeping, processing, sharing, or using your personal information for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
3.1.6 Sharing your information with non-affiliated companies who provide us with advertising, analytics, and business support.
- We may share aggregate information with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. For example, we may share information as to the performance, or report on key metrics and statistics related to said activit
- We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with such partners.
- When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies. The information collected does not include certain personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc. but may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside, or in which we operate.
- You can control the technologies we use by managing your settings through the “cookie banners” that may be presented (depending on URL of website visited) when you first visit our webpages, or by modifying the settings in your browser.
4 Deleting or Obtaining Copy of Information
You can contact us to request a copy of your personal information or delete your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attend to your request on a confidential basis within thirty (30) days of the request being received. Any request for deletion will only be undertaken to the extent that it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements worldwide.
Access of your personal information may be refused if:
- Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- Providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request is frivolous and vexatious; or
- Denial of access is authorised or required by law.
5 Information Security, Storage, and Retention
We will endeavour to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Our Internet servers utilise a modern operating system that is maintained with the latest available security patches and updates.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we follow the strict standards set out by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standard to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it.
However, as no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate, legal, or business purposes. These might include retention periods of up to six (6) years:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our global business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights, and/or resolving disputes; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact our Information Security Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 Information Quality
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information collected about you. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, or deactivate your account by making the change on your Account Profile or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can contact us via other avenues specified on our website. Should personal information that you know has been collected about you change, it is your responsibility to bring the changes to our attention.
7 Tracking technologies
We, and/or our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, may use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
The third parties with whom we partner may provide certain features on our website to store content information and preferences for the purpose of displaying advertising based on your web browsing activity.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
IP addresses are tied to personal information for the purposes of logging site actions (updating information, buying products, etc.) so that in the event of a bug or a dispute, we can review the actions taken that led to the outcome and attempt to reproduce the issue.
8 Behavioural targeting
9 Sensitive information
We will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless compelled to do so by law.
10 Social media widgets
11 Use of Non-personal information
You acknowledge and agree that any testimonials or feedback you provide to us may be used for training and/or marketing purposes. We reserve the right to use any testimonials or feedback for any purpose at our sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback you provide may be shared with third parties via social media and associated programs.
You acknowledge that you relinquish any proprietary rights you may hold over information, data, or opinions that you provide to us by way of a testimonial, complaint, or feedback.
If you wish to update or delete your testimonial or feedback, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, as noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Phone: 0303 123 1113
13 Changes to this policy