Terms and Conditions
This site is owned by CJK Fire & Safety, ABN 66 630 611 344 hereafter referred to as “CJK”, “our”, “us”, or “we”.
Set out below are the terms upon which we make this website, material, and training programs available for your use. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not make use of this website, associated material and/or training programs.
Please read these terms carefully. These terms govern how we will provide products to you, including any training courses. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are hereby reserved.
You agree to review these terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any amendments, which may be made from time to time.
2 Copyright and restriction of use
The content of this site, associated material and training programs is subject to copyright protection. You are not permitted to reproduce, republish, upload, transmit electronically or otherwise distribute any of the information or documents that you download from our website for use by any third party.
You may download, display and print material in unaltered form only for personal notes or other personal education processes. Otherwise, no right of use is granted.
You may not:
- represent that any of the information and/or documents that you download using our service were created by you, or those of a third party;
- use this website for any purpose or in any unlawful way;
- make use of the facilities provided by this website in a manner intended to, or likely to, mislead or deceive or harm others;
- interfere with or damage the operation of this website or inconvenience others in their use (or intended use) of this website, or attempt to do so.
We may use trademarks on our website that belong to us or third parties. We do not grant you any kind of licence or right to use them.
2.2 Other intellectual property:
This site may use patents, technologies or processes the subject of intellectual property rights vested in us and/or third parties. No intellectual property licence, right or interest is granted to you in relation to those things save as may be expressly provided for in these terms.
You may not frame this site as part of another site.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information, however, CJK makes no warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of the contents of the material and does not accept responsibility for material contained within or linked to this website nor does it assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, for the accuracy, comprehensiveness or usefulness of any information therein. Training, courses and information are provided for general education purposes and any reliance you place on such information is at your own risk.
To the extent permitted by law, CJK is not liable for, and you hereby release CJK from all claims, demands, actions or in respect of any losses, damages costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever arising out of or relating in any way to the website, associated information and/or training courses or these Terms and Conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall CJK and its employees, agents, consultants and its suppliers be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, including special, incidental, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance on the information contained herein whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission.
5 Invoicing and payment
Payment may be made by following the relevant Website Procedures, or otherwise by prior arrangement with CJK. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you will be charged in accordance with the pricing displayed on the Website at the time of purchase.
- You warrant that the information which you provide to CJK, whether directly or indirectly, or through the Website, is provided in good faith and is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- We reserve the right at any time to amend, alter or withdraw any course, unit or module which is currently being offered, and to vary prices for modules, units or services.
- To avoid doubt, it is a breach of this Agreement by the Participant to provide false or misleading Information to CJK, whether directly or indirectly, or through the Website.
- Without limiting any other clauses within these terms, you release CJK from any liability arising out of or in connection with any false or misleading information provided by you.
- immediately and without notice suspend your access to the Website; and
- prohibit you from using or accessing any Training or Information; and
- delete any information relating to you.
7 Force majeure
CJK will not be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by events outside the reasonable control of the obligated party.
If any part of these terms or an order form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these terms will continue in effect.
9 Governing law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
10 CJK Fire & Safety Education disclaimer
The material and information presented in our courses, articles, podcasts and other educational material is for general information purposes only. By accessing the material, you acknowledge that the CJK Fire & Safety makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information featured nor does it assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect, for the accuracy, comprehensiveness or usefulness of any information therein. While we make every effort to ensure that the information we are sharing is accurate, we welcome any comments, suggestions, or correction of errors.
11 CPD points
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the mandatory registration requirement for many industry professionals in Australia. Webinars and online courses can count towards CPD points. Generally, 1 hour of learning = 1 CPD point. CJK makes not guarantee that you will receive CPD points for our courses as it is up each issuing authority / registration body to approve these.
12 Online course – Refund and cancellation policy
- You will be eligible for a refund of fees paid only if you, the student, decide to cancel within 7 days of purchasing the course and have not accessed the resources.
- We will retain an administration fee of $5 (to cover the processing fees/set up fees we incur).
- Course enrolments cannot be transferred to another student.
- Refunds will be issued back to the card used for the original transaction.
- WooCommerce.com and our payment processor submit the refund immediately and make every attempt to process the refund as quickly as possible. Your financial institution can take up to 20 days for the refund to reflect in your bank account/card. More details can be found via Stripe.com at Customer refund processing time.
If you wish to apply for a refund you must email your request to email@example.com. We’d love to know how we can improve, so please include details about the reason for your refund request.